MHOA NJ was founded and exists for the purpose of insuring the rights of manufactured home owners by dispelling through education the misconceptions and myths held by the public, media, and government officials concerning manufactured housing its owners and/or residents.
Our goals are to :
1. Protect and strengthen manufactured housing communities and rights of everyone living in manufactured homes.
2. Promote meaningful change in legislation to increase legal protection for community residents.
3. Preserve efforts and encourage its residents to live in comfortable and safe communities.
to educate our legislators and municipal leaders about issues which
impact our community.
Bill of Rights for Manufactured Home Owners
WHEREAS More than 6 million individuals and families own their homes but not the land under them,
WHEREAS these individuals and families rent the land from the manufactured housing community owner, and
WHEREAS these community owners have power to impose rules and regulations that impact the constitutional rights of manufactured home owners and their families.
NOW THEREFORE let it be resolved that
Manufactured home owners and their families are entitled to enjoy the same constitutional freedoms as all other Americans, especially:
1. Freedom of speech ( including, but not limited to, the right to distribute informational/educational fliers about the rights of manufactured home owners);
2. Freedom of assembly (including, but not limited to, the right to organize a home owners’ association, the right to peaceably assemble, and the right to hold association meetings at the community’s clubhouse to discuss issues of importance to manufactured home owners, and the right to exclude from the meetings community owners, managers and other agents of the owner);
3. Freedom from retaliation (including, but not limited to, the right to be assured that there is a rebuttal presumption of retaliation if the community owner attempts to raise the rent of selected homeowners or evict selected homeowners within 6 months of them forming/joining a home owners’ association at the local, state or national level; and
4. The right to equal protection under the law (including, but not limited to, the right to the peaceful enjoyment of one’s home and the uniform and consistent enforcement of rules and regulations.))
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone line: (732) 534-0085
MHOA-NJ does not provide legal advice or representation.
N.J. Manufactured Housing Taskforce New Jersey Legal Services Building, Edison, NJ
Find your community!
Download the KMZ file & open in Google Earth to see
N J's Manufactured Housing Communities.
MH NJ KMZ File